top of page

Frequently Asked Questions

  • How old does a person need to be in order to receive your supports and services?
    For direct, ongoing supports and services the person must be at least 16 years of age. However, we do offer training and consultation to teams supporting those who are younger than 16 years of age.
  • How do I make a referral for services?
    Please read our Service Referrals page for information on how to make a referral.
  • How do you determine if you will accept a referral?
    Our Service Referrals page explains our referral process.
  • How do I receive supports and services if I am transgender?
    Requests for services are carefully reviewed by Shawn McGill, who is the person providing direct support and services to those who are transgender. Please contact us via the website and specific information and guidelines will be sent as it relates to the services provided.
  • Can I receive support if I live in another state?
    Yes and No. Supports and services can be provided through secure video conferencing. Some particular guidelines and regulations must be followed and are outlined as a part of our intake paperwork. If in doubt, please contact us through the website.
  • Who do I contact if I have a behavioral health or psychiatric emergency?
    Those who receive our support and services have a specific crisis plan in place, which should be outlined in both the Behavior Support Plan (BSP) and the Individual Support Plan (ISP), if applicable. We stress that we are not a mobile crisis service. Emergency services generally warrant a greater level of care and support such as a county mobile crisis unit or support of other emergency services.
  • Does a person need to have an intellectual disability or autism spectrum disorder in order to receive your supports and services?
    Not necessarily, but we do consider our expertise to be in supporting those with intellectual and developmental disabilities as well as autism spectrum disorders. Therefore we typically ask questions and/or for records that may indicate some learning difficulties or history of traumatic events in the person’s life. For attendance in our groups we do require a diagnosis of intellectual/developmental disabilities, and autism spectrum disorder or borderline intellectual disability. For transgender services this is not required.
  • How can a person attend one of your groups?
    There is a specific referral form for our groups. Information can be received by contacting us through the website. Again, any person attending our groups must have a diagnosis of an intellectual/developmental disability, autism spectrum disorder, or a borderline intellectual disability. We want those who attend our groups to feel safe and comfortable in this setting.
  • What is the cost of your groups?
    Please contact us for a list of pricing based upon the group or class.
bottom of page